Life: 7 Valuable Lessons I Learned This Past Year
I would have never thought I would be celebrating my 38th birthday this way. At home in quarantine thanks to the COVID-19 Coronavirus.
To be honest, I would have loved to be on a beach somewhere and not in Florida. I would have loved to had the chance to go back home to Mississippi to visit with my mom, dad, and grandma. But that won’t happen.
I am so blessed to have my family safe, happy, and healthy. That’s all I need. Oh, and I would love a Dairy Queen Ice Cream Cake! Anyway, today I am to sharing 7 Valuable Lessons I Have Learned This Past Year.
7 Valuable Lessons I Learned This Past Year
- Time waits for no one. This may seem like…duh. But over this past year, I have been more intentional about living in the present instead of the past. Every day I wake up and I set my goals and intentions for the day. I push to be the very BEST version of myself because not only do I owe myself that much, I owe it to my kids as well.
- Grace. One of the hardest lessons that I had to learn was to give myself some grace. Over this past year, I have always been so hard on myself as a working woman, mom and wife. I had to learn that I deserve grace and that is ok.
- Relationships. This past year, I have learned so much about the company I keep. I have had the opportunity to build relationships with some amazing people. To be honest, not all of those relationships made it to this year. That is ok. I am a firm believer that some people are in your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime.
- Community. There are no words that can explain the love I have for the communities that I have become a part of. If you would have told me that I would have found my place and my community last year, I would have laughed out loud. I am looking forward to continuing to foster relationships in the communities that I am a part of.
- Change. There was SO much change for me and my family last year. With the surprise of expecting a 3rd child and adapting to our new life as we know it. I have learned over the years that you have to always be open to change because you can’t control everything. You have to learn how to adapt and pivot when things don’t quite go your way. Looking back on everything now, some of my best blessings came from being open to change.
- Confidence. This can be hard to find when social media will have you questioning your very being. Thanks to my support system, I have found the confidence to show up as my authentic self. I have also found the confidence to collaborate with some of my dream brands and have the confidence to ask for my worth. Moving forward my confidence will only increase as I continue to do the things I am passionate about.
- Self-Worth. There have been times where I have questioned my self-worth on a number of occasions. This has to be one of the most important lessons I have learned over the past year. To know the power of your self-worth is so important. If you don’t know and believe you are worthy, then don’t expect anyone else to. I wake up every morning and look at the woman in the mirror and tell her she IS worthy and she DESERVES everything she sets her mind on.
Cheers to 38!
I hope this post has inspired you. Although I won’t be celebrating my 38th birthday how I had imagined, I am blessed to be healthy and happy.
What valuable lessons have you learned this past year? Let me know in the comments below!
Life: 35 Fun Facts About Me
This post may contain affiliate links; see site footer for more details.
2 Comments on Life: 7 Valuable Lessons I Learned This Past Year
Happy birthday Tiffany!! Sucks it’s during this time but hey that just means rain check. I’ve learned time doesn’t wait for no one. Time to conquer my dreams/goals & make these bucket list trips happen once this quarantine is over. Hugs!
Thank you, Jazmin! You are absolutely correct. Time waits for no one. You just made my day and you have motivated me to keep pushing. Thank you so much for all of your continued support! Hugs!