3 Tips To Help You Feel More Confident At Your Photoshoot
If you are a fashion blogger or a person who enjoys taking pictures, then this post may be for you. I have been taking pictures for my blog and website for about 4 years. When I started I had no clue as to what I should do.
I remember following other fashion bloggers on Instagram to get photo inspiration. That quickly faded and I began to focus on what I truly loved to do. I was just like any other blogger just starting out. Taking pictures just to take pictures. I hired photographers in Dallas, New Orleans and everywhere in between. The photos were great, but I looked uncomfortable. More importantly, the photos that I was investing money it didn’t serve a purpose.
It truly makes a difference in the type of content you create. More importantly, it helps you to become more confident when taking your photos. For me, a few things I have learned about myself and feeling confident in my pictures.
- I prefer to have my hair straight instead of naturally curly. It is much easier to manage, which makes it less stressful for me.
- Wearing heels vs sandals are flats are a must. simply because being only 5″3, I prefer a little height to my photos.
- Lashes are another must have for my photoshoots. By wearing false lashes or lash extensions they help give me a dramatic look. The best part, I don’t have to stress about having the perfect makeup.
I hope by sharing some of my tricks, it will help you on your journey of finding what works for you. So, let’s get to the tips on how you can become more confident during your photoshoots.
3 Tips To Help Feel More Confident During Your Photoshoot
1. Plan Out Your Photoshoot Ahead of Time. Save yourself some time and stress by making a solid plan before your photo shoot. Plan out our outfits in the order you will be wearing them. Have all of your accessories paired with each outfit. This will not only keep your stress level down, but your photographer will appreciate your efforts.
2. Practice Your Poses and Angles. Most of you who have been folwing me for a while, you know that I learned a lot form my sister @deanafierce She is a model and posing coach. Talk about someone who will whip you into shape in no time. The more you practice your poses and understand your angle your confidence will go through the roof. All you need is a mirror. Practice as much as possible and search Pinterest for posing ideas.
3. Choose Outfits You Are Comfortable In. If you are serious about feeling confident in your photoshoots, then you want to choose the right outfits. Outfits that boost your confidence as soon as you put them on. If it is the little black dress that boosts your confidence, then wear it. Wear what makes you feel good. Trust me it will show through in your pictures.
What do you struggle with on your photoshoot? Is confidence one of them? Let me know in the comments below!
This post may contain affiliate links; see site footer for more details.