5 Fun Ideas To Help You Make The Best Of Being Quarantined
It’s day four of being in self-quarantine due to the Coronavirus, and we are all about to pull our hair out.
This week has been full of adjustments and grace. Instead of spending the week in West Palm Beach for the kids’ spring break, we are staying home and trying to make the best out of a really crappy situation.
It’s funny: Some people are still going about their daily routines as if there are not some serious things going on, but I need folks to take several seats so we can get back to normal sooner than later. Earlier this week, my job informed the salesforce that we would be working remotely. A part of me was really excited and the other part of me was worried. Every day has consisted of numerous conference calls and Webex meetings.
I won’t complain.
Looking back, this is what I said I wanted. This is what I prayed for. After returning from maternity leave, I wanted to stay at home with Baby E. Work full-time for myself, but I didn’t think it would be at the expense of all that is going on in the world right now. What I will tell you is, I am going to make the best of a bad situation.
Today, I am going to share: 5 Fun Ideas to help you make the best of being quarantined.
My hope is that these ideas will help you to spend some quality time with your family and friends. I know it’s difficult not to be able to go out and do all the things that we are used to doing. But, it is helping us to become more creative in making new memories.
5 Fun Ideas to help you make the best of being quarantined
- Artist of the Day– Every day of the week, each family member gets the chance to pick an “artist of the day.” For example, if Monday is my day to pick, I would pick Alica Keys and we would tune into Alicia Keys for the day. You could also do a mini drawing contest and vote for the artist of the week. This will allow your little ones to engage in creative play and use their imagination. The best part as a family you can create fun rules and determine what the prize would be for the winner.
- Tik Tok Challenge- If you haven’t heard, Tik Tok is the “new” thing, and, to be honest, it can be so much fun. Now, I have only uploaded ONE Tik Tok video but, thanks to this quarantine, I will be uploading a lot more. I have been watching some really great and creative videos and the best part? Everyone is getting their families involved. Seriously, even the family pets are in some of these videos. Remember to make it FUN. It may be one more thing, but it’s fun and engaging. You can check out my Tik Tok here and let’s start creating some fun and uplifting content together.
- FaceTime Lunch/Dinner- Now that social distancing is the new normal, we have to be aware of our surroundings and the fact that we can’t be too close to one another. This can be a challenge if you are anything like me and love to give hugs. It can be especially challenging if you have friends or family members who can’t take a chance with your germs. A great idea would be to host lunch or dinner via FaceTime or Google Hangouts. I love this idea for those who may live alone and feel isolated. Call up your friend and set a dinner date. You can cook with them and sit down and have “dinner” and catch up on life as if you would if you were actually there with them.
- Vlog– If you are not a fan of video, I would challenge you to try and create a vlog series. This is a great opportunity where you can document all that is going on but more importantly, you will have the memories to look back on once all of this is a distant memory. For me, I have been trying to take pictures and videos daily of my kids and the activities that they are doing. Make the vlog fun and interactive. Let your kids be involved and have them record videos as well. Don’t overthink it. Just open the camera on your phone and capture some great moments. Be sure to capture moments that make you laugh. Lord knows we all can use a great laugh during these times.
- Netflix Party- This is a fun idea especially if you are a fan of Netflix. Netflix has recently launched a way that we can Netflix together. You can join over 500,000 people to link up with friends and host long-distance movie nights and TV watch parties! There is a catch: It is ONLY available on Chrome browsers on desktop or laptop computers.
How it Works:
- Install Netflix Party
- Open a Netflix video
- Create your party
- Join a Netflix Party
Now, you don’t have to binge-watch alone! Who is going to join me for a Netflix Party?
What are some fun ideas that you have found to be helpful while in quarantine? Share them in the comments below.
This post may contain affiliate links; see site footer for more details.