20 Life Lessons of 2017
Another year has come and gone and I have gained another year of experience. Words can’t even express how blessed I feel to see another year of life. Today, I am 36. As I write this post, it is so strange to even type the words!
How did it get here so fast? Where in the world did the time go?
2017 was a challenging year for me, a year that I had to really learn the true meaning of humility and selflessness. It was a year that tested me beyond what I thought I could handle. Have you been in that situation before?
Where it seems like the light at the end of the tunnel that everyone speaks of, was nowhere to be found?
Life can be so interesting.
While attending a conference in California, I received the phone call. Learning that the position that my husband had applied for in Dallas, Tx somehow became an offer in a state that we were not prepared for. But, this job, the job that he desperately wanted to accept was on the line. Who were we to say no? This was the opportunity he had been waiting to hear about for months.
I was not prepared. My heart and hopes were set on us finally moving to Dallas, Texas. When I heard the news of his job offer, I was happy and devastated all at the same time.
I literally broke down in tears as my hopes of ever moving to Dallas were now just a distant memory.
I remember being so upset, so depressed, to the point of just wanting to give up. In addition, I had to resign from my job and leave my family and friends behind. Now, this would not have been an issue prior to having my kids, because there would not have been any attachments. Attachment to friends, schools, teachers, etc.
After our move to Florida, I learned that first, I am not a great candidate for being a stay at home mom. I would do it if I had no other choice, and yes I love my children unconditionally but that role is not for me. Second, I learned that I truly love my career and I can’t see myself working in any other field. I love the flexibility, the challenges but most importantly, I love building relationships with complete strangers.
Challenged to get out of my own way.
Therefore, I had to put on my big girl panties and get out to experience what Florida had to offer. I joined some blogger groups and began to attend the local meet-ups. I started to form relationships with some really amazing and supportive women. I am truly grateful. Below I am sharing the 20 Life Lessons that I have learned. I hope you enjoy it.
20 Life Lessons That I Have Learned This Year …
- Stop taking things so seriously
- Be more open about my experiences, my career, and my goals
- Love being a service to others
- I am a multi-creative ( yes, its a thing)
- The word “can’t” doesn’t exist in my world.
- Everyone will not like me and I am 100% ok with it
- Foster the people and relationships that invest in me
- Being uncomfortable has become my new normal (in a good way)
- Life is truly what you make it
- Stop having expectations for others. They will almost 100% of the time let you down.
- It’s ok to be vulnerable and accept that things will not always go my way.
- Did I mention I love being a service to others
- DELEGATE, OUTSOURCE, REPEAT
- My goals and dreams are not the same as others.
- Always be learning. The more you know, the more you grow.
- Never be afraid to take a chance. It may just change your world. (and your perspective)
- Consistency is everything when establishing a brand
- It is ok to start over
- Always give everything my best.
- Quality over Quantity
Want to get to know me?
Check out my post from last year! It is still one of my favorite “about me” posts.