General Rules To Remember When Dressing For Success
Dress For Success!
First Impressions Are KEY
When it comes to dressing for success, first impressions are key. You will never get a second chance at a first impression so make it a good one! Today I will be sharing some general rules to follow whether you have business professional or business casual attire. Remember, these are just a few general rules to help you get started on dressing for success. Each industry is different so be sure to compare with the company and culture when using these tips. Just like anything else, practice makes perfect!
General Rules to Remember
Your clothes should be:
- Well Fitting
- In Good Conditon
- Wrinkle and Stain Free
- Neat and Clean Shoes (no flip-flops)
Skirts & Dresses
- Skirts and dresses should hit at or just above the knee. Your thighs should be covered when you sit down.
Shoes & Belt
- Your shoes and belt should match as well as the color of your socks and pants.
- No more than 3 pieces of jewelry (Ladies, I know this may be a tough one, but its only temporary)
Grooming & Makeup
- Your nails should be clean and an appropriate length. Also avoid bold colors (i.e. reds, pink, black) Instead try a clear or natural toned polish or manicure.
- Be sure to wear your hair our of your face
- Makeup should look natural. If you need some inspiration check out my YouTube Channel for a little inspiration.
Also, try to avoid perfume or cologne.
You only have one chance to make a great first impression!
Do you agree with these general rules? What are your thoughts? Let’s chat about it!