Have you ever wondered what your purpose was in this life? Waiting to have that “my moment” where you have clarity. I know I have asked myself the same question for many years. Although, deep down inside I think I already knew the answer. It wasn’t until my recent trip to New York Fashion Week my answer to this very question was crystal clear.
As my sister and I headed out in the early morning hours to scout locations to take our pictures, we had no idea what we were getting ourselves into. We remained open, flexible, and honest. We packed a bag with our heels and planned on taking a couple of pictures in SoHo. I wore my tennis shoes just so I could be comfortable. Little did I know or realize that this day would change my mindset and direction in so many ways.
Comfortable doesn’t equal CONFIDENT
My sister De’Ana is a posing consultant. I am always so incredibly blessed to have her with me when I take pictures. I am always 100% confident and comfortable shooting in front of her. At first, I started off in tennis shoes, then after a couple of shots, I switched up the outfit. I grabbed a jacket and my heels. BOY oh BOY…What a difference it made. It was something about sliding those heels on my feet that gave me this untapped confidence.
In that very moment, I knew my place in the blogging world. I for once knew the type of content to produce that would make me happy and teach so many other valuable tips and tricks.
With having more than 12+ years in the corporate industry, I believe I have a wealth of knowledge and style tips to share. If you follow me on Instagram you probably have noticed a few changes. Just stay tuned because there is more amazing content coming your way.
Thank you for continuing to learn and grow with me. I am not saying that I have this thing down to an EXACT science, but I can say that I am truly excited and happy for what the future holds!
Catch us at NEW YORK FASHION WEEK 2017!
When you get a text at 7:30 a.m. you know it has to be something very important. My sister De’Ana, text me and said…we are going to New York Fashion Week so call me when you get some free time.
Now, it was funny because just a few weeks prior to her message, I mentioned wanting to go to NYFW. We both figured it was probably to late to go, and besides, it has always been on our bucket list but we never just made it official…until now.
In that very moment of receiving her message, I was scared to death, but I was ALL IN!
We have talked about going for years. At first, I wanted to just go and experience it, then I wanted to go as a makeup artist, and now I just want to go to say that I have done it. The best part about it, is that I will be with my sister. The one that pushes me to my limits, encourages me, and get on my ass if I am completely out of line. She has skills that I can only wish to one day have. I have traits that help her as well. We are a TEAM, a team no matter the Good, Bad, or Ugly.
It was such a whirlwind not knowing what we were getting into, but it could not have worked out any better for us. We were able to get airline tickets, a great hotel, book pictures with one of or favorite photographers, and plan a few shows and tours for our trip.
There will be so much going on! We will meet up in New York and take the city by storm! Be sure to follow us on Instagram Tiffany and De’Ana. We will be on IG stories, posting our NYFW outfits and vlogging our entire trip!
Are there any locations that we must see while we are in town?
Will you be there? Let us know in the comments below, we would love to meet you!
To My SUPER MOMS
This past Sunday we attended a local church in our new city of residence. As people are walking in and taking a seat, I took a moment to look around. I looked around at how we are all different. We are all from different walks of like, dealing with different situations, and we all have different needs.
Sitting in my seat, deep in my feelings and thoughts, a family comes in and sit in the seats directly in front of us. There was, who I “assumed” to be the mom, dad, and 3 little ones all under the age of 5. As they settled in, I couldn’t help but notice something. I noticed how each time one of the children needed something it was the ” mom” who had to take care of their needs.
It was the “mom” that had to take each one to the potty and back, mom had to pull out the snacks just to keep the little ones quiet. All while the other capable and able “adult” just sat there as if nothing was going on. Seriously, he was completely unbothered. Not a care in the world, and completely oblivious to what was going on.
Now, normally this would not have bothered me but for some reason on this day, it did. I couldn’t help to think to myself, that we as moms have a HELLUVA job! All while other capable adults sit back, as if it is not their responsibility, as if “we” are the only ones “qualified” and “capable” to take care of children’s needs.
After church ended, we exit and I see “mom” sitting in the foyer with 2 of the three kids. Mind you, other “adult” was able to listen/watch the entire service without getting out of his seat. Granted, maybe that’s what works for them and their relationship. But I saw one tired momma. A momma who could have used a little help.
I saw myself in her, how I try to take it all on and never asking for help. There is no doubt or question that I “can’t” do it because I can, but to be a team and have help is not a bad thing. My point in saying all of this is, yes, we can be “super moms” but honestly we shouldn’t have to be.
If you are in a relationship with the father, partner, or whomever they should give just as much of themselves as we do. It is hard, really, really hard and I doubt he even gave her a simple “thank you”.
Finally, to all my “super moms” don’t be afraid to “ask” or “tell” someone you need help. I’m sure not only would you feel better but your kids would appreciate it too.
Are you are “super mom” who is afraid to ask for help? Why?
Life With Tiffany | Episode 5
I am starting to think that vlogging is MUCH easier than blogging. Maybe not, but it feels that way. lol! There has been a lot going on so I wanted to check in with you and share my chaos! You can watch the video below, Life with Tiffany, be sure to SUBSCRIBE to my YOUTUBE Channel while you are there!
Happy Mother’s Day!
If you would have asked me 10 years ago if I ever wanted to have children, my answer would have been, HECK NO! I still can’t believe that I am a mother of two special little human beings. Funny thing, I don’t even remember what life was like before them. Well, ok, maybe I do miss a few things, but not bad enough to go back.
Before making the decision to take these photos, I read an article about how mom often times take more selfies with their kids because they are the ones always behind the lens capturing moments. Most of the time we are never in the photo, so I made a choice to start taking more photos with my blessings so that when they grow up and look back in the photo book they will know that mommy was just as important in their lives as everyone else.
I have looked at these photos at least one hundred times and they bring tears to my eyes. My babies are growing up and they are growing up FAST! It really breaks my heart, I don’t even remember when this “growing up” happened. I mean, was I even present? Of course, I was but how did I miss it?!
I love these children more than life itself and I am so blessed to have been given the opportunity to raise them. I still can’t believe that God entrusted me with them, but he knows best so I must have passed the test! lol! To all of my fellow mommies, you are such a blessing to your little ones. Love them unconditionally, never let a day pass without letting them know how much you love and care for them. Our time with them is short, so make the most out of the days you have with them.
Now put your phone day and enjoy your Mother’s Day!
35 Fun Facts About Me
Today is my BIRTHDAY! I am so incredibly blessed to see another year of life.
So, in honor of turing the BIG 35 today I came up with the crazy idea to share 35 FUN FACTS about me!
It’s funny, because I didn’t realize how much of a introvert I really am. Although I share things via social media, I don’t share much about who I am or where I come from.
So, lets get into some fun facts!
- First and Foremost, I am TERIFIED of Spiders. Yes, I am the girl that would jump out of a moving car if a spider was caught cruising with me.
- When I was 15 years old I landed my first job. I actually had a total of (3) jobs.
- Born and raised in Mississippi. I am a country girl at heart. I am proud to be from Mississippi, but I am most proud of leaving and experiencing what the world has had for me.
- My weakness is CANDY. Like I have a serious problem, I LOVE IT, I LOVE ALL kinds of sweets. It is my weakness, but I don’t like candy with coconut.
- The oldest of 3. I have two younger sisters, De’Ana and Jasmine.
- Met my husband in college. We both attended The University of Southern Mississippi
- Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice. At one point in my life I wanted to be a Corporate Attorney.
- I am a Sorority girl. I am a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc., I pledged in the Fall 2003- Iota Kappa Chapter.
- Brace Face at the age of 26. I had braces for a year and a half.
- Lover of electronics. I am a techie at heart. I love learning new software and programs.
- Hoarder. Well, sort of, I have EVERY gift my hubby has ever given me. Honestly, they are all so thoughtful, I refuse to get rid of any of them.
- Photography is my undercover hobby. I love capturing moments, but I am no professional by any means.
- Horses are not my friend. I have been thrown from a horse. Again, horses are not my friend.
- #1 Alicia Keys FAN! We go way back! lol
- Hard to believe but I never wanted children. Blessed that God gave me exactly what I needed and not what I thought I wanted.
- The owner of 2 houses, soon to be 3 in May.
- Student Council Vice President at Holmes Community College.
- A part of JROTC and a part of the Drama Team in high school.
- People think I am intimidating. Yes, they really do. I am a goof ball….like seriously.
- Animal Lover. My dog’s name is Teeko. He fits perfectly into my little family and he is brown. lol. Yep, I am an animal loving girl.
- Certified Professional Makeup Artist. A self-taught artist and I have been a part of the industry for over 10 years.
- My addiction to Starbucks is REAL. My wallet is not really a fan, but Starbucks gets this momma through some tough situations.
- Scary movies are my thing. The Exorcist (original) still gives me nightmares!
- Chili. I can’t stand the smell of it! Ugh… (Just the thought of it makes me gag)
- Don’t do blood or open wounds. You’re looking at a woman with a seriously weak stomach. When I had foot surgery back in 2007, I would pass out at every follow up appointment if I saw the stitches.
- Not a fan of Wal-Mart. I dislike it. (because HATE is a strong word) That place gives me serious anxiety, I am thankful for my husband who does the grocery shopping.
- SHOES! Love them, I have over 100 pairs. All of them are unique in their own special way. lol
- Piercings. Yep, I haveI used to have a belly & tongue ring. Two words…College Days!
- My Favorite Color is Green.
- You now know a former Pageant Judge. I was honored to serve as a judge at my high school.
- Always on the move. I have lived in soon to be 4 different states. Mississippi, North Carolina, Louisiana, and Florida.
- Actor in a Richard Swartz Commercial. One Call that All-Mississippi Personal Injury Attorney.
- Compliments really embarrass me. Especially if they are given in public around a lot of people. It just makes me really uncomfortable. (I don’t know why)
- Pharmaceutical Sales Representative. I started my career in pharmaceutical sales in 2005, with Pfizer, Inc.
- Laughing is good for your soul. I love to LAUGH! I am as goofy as they come.
WHEW! That was a lot! It really took me a while to come up with 35 Fun Facts! I almost feel like I am forgetting something. I really hope you enjoyed my post today. Thank you for taking the time out to read my post and celebrate with me! Now I need to go give my brain a rest!
Here is to another year of life, health, blessings, and love. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!
VLOG | Big Announcement + Updates
I am going to start by saying, life has been challenging the past couple of months. There is so much going on and things are moving so fast. Check out my VLOG video below to hear all about the changes, and what my future has in store.
DISCLAIMER: I get emotional.
If you have been through the same thing, or you are currently going through it now. I would love any words of support and encouragement that you could offer. Thanks so much for reading and watching! 🙂
Great things require sacrifice.
I know you’re probably thinking…umm what is she talking about?
Well as of today, I have decided to take my blog and brand in another direction. I have poured a lot of time, energy and money into my previous website Beauty in the Bayou, and I loved everything about it. With that being said this was NOT an easy decision to make.
Ok, so you know when your gut tells you to do something and you try to ignore it, things just don’t feel right. This was me. Quickly, I realized that although the name ( Beauty in the Bayou ) is catchy and the website is pretty, it didn’t have everything that I wanted to offer my supporters and followers.
People who are really close to me, know that I am involved in so many different things. Many of those things, I have a serious passion for. So, I needed a website that reflects WHO I am and has everything that I am all about in one place. Hence, this is how my new site tiffanydbrown was brought to life. I will always be Tiffany D. Brown, this will never change. I realized that tiffanydbrown is perfect, it is who I am and who I will always be.
With this site, I will be able to remain true to myself and write about EVERYTHING that I love to do. This site will allow me to be more open and focus on what is important to me. BIG thanks to everyone who has always supported me from my makeup artistry, my YouTube videos and everything in between.
Please be sure to browse the site and let me know your thoughts. I would love to get your feedback on what you like, don’t like and what you would like to see. Over the next couple of weeks I will be fine tuning the site as I bring over my makeup artistry content and say bye – bye to the Beauty in the Bayou site. So, I just ask that you bare with me thought this process. Your love and support me the world to me and I am so grateful for you. My goal is to be a resource to you.
Over the next couple of weeks I will be making a HUGE announcement so you definitely want to stay tuned.
There has been so much going on in my life and all I can say is that my family and I are blessed and highly favored.
Remain true to yourself and everything else will fall in place.
Here’s to new beginnings….
Hair Style: Perm Rod Set
Choker: Forever 21
Lipstick: Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick in “Kathryn”
I just wanted to wish you a very Merry Christmas from my family to yours! Thank you for hanging in there with me and supporting me this year. I can’t wait to see what 2017 has in store for all of us.